home made cd's won't work in player?

Most of the cd's that I make won't work in the cd changer. Have any ideas?

Reply to
W. Wells

Try to burn the CDR at a slow speed, i.e., 2x or 4x max. Sometimes certain burners are picky about the media being used and problems manifest when trying to play the CDR on different players. The media MAY play just fine on the burner (used) or be able to be burned at a faster speed using a different burner . It has to do with pit depth and spacing. NEVER EVER USE STICKER LABELS ... they are problems waiting to happen.

Reply to
Jerohm

On Sat, 20 May 2006 23:12:55 GMT, "Jerohm" graced this newsgroup with:

all good points. I might also suggest you try and see if the CD's you burned will play on another player. If it doesn't, there's a possibility that your burner is at fault. I read once that the lasers on burners can, over time, become misaligned enough that although it'll burn successfully, no other reader will be able to read them because of the offset.

Reply to
kegler

Which file format are you using for your music? WAVE(.wav), or MP3, or Windows Media(.wma)? I'd use .wav unless you're obtaining music from Rhapsody. Then you can use their .rax format successfully as well.

Slowing down the burning speed does help as someone else has already pointed out. Also, purchase good quality, blank CDs and stay away from stick-on labels.

A lot of the newer aftermarket CD players will play CDs containing .wma, .mp3, .wav or .rax files. This is the type of head unit that I want next. Much more versatility for file formats. Many of today's OEM head units are to limited in regards to what types of file formats they can handle on your CDs.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

There are a few types of CDs that won't work well in the player. The manual should have which kinds should and should not be used.

Reply to
Brett

Finalize the CD.

Reply to
JJ Lee

Also, some CD players object to certain brands of CDrs, particularly the cheapo store brands; sometimes, even the better brands though.

Reply to
vito

Check to see which type of CD you are using... +R or -R. If your burner is

+R and you are using a -R disk, the disk will play just fine on your burner but not on another unit.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Rogers

I have never heard of +R or -R related to CD's. I thought those deginations were only important when you talk about DVD's. I have only heard about CD-R (Read only) and CD-RW (Read/Write).

XPlant

Reply to
Xplant

They work fine in my 05 RX330. Some earlier models probably do not - owners manual should say.

For audio CD's, I used the 'wav' format - which is the 'original' format that you get from a CD. The best way to check is to make a copy of a CD you have - if that works then the problem is the format you are using to 'burn' a CD. If it does not it is probably because either the player does not support them, you are using the wrong format for the burn, or your media is bad.

I use the cheapest media - whatever I can get on sale for the least amount of $ -- have to pay for the Lexus, you know ;-) and have never had a problem with media quality.

So my suspects would be format, or the player does not support copied CD's - a friends Acura 99 vintage has this problem.

Reply to
sapper

Biggest issues I've found are using RW's, wrong format and not finalizing the disc.

Reply to
Dave's