How are one touch windows supposed to work in ES 300?

Can someone please explain how the passenger side window lever is supposed to work on a ES 300 and is it different from the drivers side control of that window. Specifically, how is one supposed to get the window down or up completely or partially? I thought that if one depresses it slightly it will go down until it is released vs if one holds it down past the click sound and releases it, it goes down all the way. Same with going up but if one wants the window down just a couple inches and thus just touches it and release it before it makes a click, it goes down all the way.

Reply to
johnkelly

You did not specify which year you have, but regardless, it sounds like your switch may be broken. It is supposed to stop as soon as you release the switch if you have not pushed or pulled it past the click.

Reply to
greg

Did you make sure that the passenger window has a one-touch feature? I seem to remember that on the ES300, only the driver's window has it.

Reply to
-

My 2003 ES 300 has one-touch on all 4 side windows. Any window can be made to stop part way by lowering then hit the up button and release immediately. Sometimes a bit of jiggling with the toggle switch may be necessary.

Reply to
Bob

Sorry, my mistake. Just checked; all four have one-touch windows.

Reply to
-

I have a 2002 ES300, all 4 windows have one-touch. If you depress the button half-way, the one-touch will not engage. If you press the button all the way, one-touch engages. It's kind of like a digital camera, where a half-press engages auto focus, while a full push focuses and shoots the picture. If you're all thumbs and can't get the button to work without one-touch, then the advice by another poster here will serve you, which is to briefly reverse the button direction to halt the movement.

Reply to
Steve Larson