Instrument cluster on '93 ES300

The digital odometer on the dashboard of my newly-acquired ES300 is not lighting up and hasn't for quite a while. I know that it's relatively cheap and easy to swap out another instrument cluster, but I am thinking that I might get the display to light up again if I take it apart and fiddle with it a bit (my experience is the LED/LCD panels fail usually because of bad electrical contacts). Has anyone had the same problem and tried to fix it themselves? The instrument cluster is A-OK except for that problem and a burned out bulb.

Reply to
Allen