IS350 Luxury vs Sport Package

I've been on the waiting list since November for an IS350 with the Luxury Package, Mark Levinson Sound, and Navigation. The color combo I am interested in is hard to come by around here, and one has arrived that has everything I want except is has the Sport Package.

I could care less if it has the aluminum trim, rather than the maple. However, I wanted the Luxury Package because I wanted a nice ride. I am honest with myself in that I know I will never push the handling to its limits.

My question is will I be disappointed with the ride of the stiffer suspension if I go for the instant gratification and take the Sports Package? (I have not yet had the chance to test drive it yet, but I'm thinking that a 15 minute drive is not going to be enough to fully tell.)

Thanks

Reply to
Brett

I big concern would be the cost of replacement tires. Some of the Sport Packages on other brands use very expensive fast wearing tires. Check on the window for a warning about tire wear.

Reply to
CFL

I have the luxury package, which is actually pretty firm. It feels extremely sporty, so I dont know how much more sportier the sport package will be! My mother in law complains that the car is too 'tight' which means that she can feel bumps and stuff in the rear seat. I guess my comment is that if you want luxury, then you should wait for the luxury package. The ride is excellent.

Reply to
johnycarlos

I do not know if the suspension differs greatly, but be aware that losing that 1/2" of rubber between you & the road can make a big difference. If you do not plan on testing the limits the cars handling on a constant basis - wait for/ or/ get the 17" rims. On 18" rims, any trip over 2 hours will become a chore once the novelty of a new car has worn off. Also - if the tires are runflat - then my point is moot. Runflats are terrible for noise & comfort regardless of profile height. And - the shorter the profile, the more you should stay on top of the pressure in the tires. The smaller the change in pressure - the greater the change in wear characteristics.

Reply to
D'Schu

Reply to
gamegirladv

I had to wait a few days to go in, and by the time I got back the cars with the sport package were gone. Oh well.

Reply to
Brett