It Gets Worse Now

The Owners Manual for my 1999 ES300 is incorrect according to Lexus. The right transmission fluid is T-4 and not Dexron 3 . The dipstick says "T-2" - T-4 upgrade now. On top of that -the Owners Manual incorrectly states that 5.1 Qt of fluid is required for a filter change. Wrong again according to Lexus. It takes about 3.2Qt. Now, here is the kicker. Their own literature says that if you mix Dexron and T-4 that serious transmission damage or failure can happen. A reasonable person would read the Owners Manual and use that information and not read the dip stick. So, my 1999 ES300 has been serviced with Dexron 3 and mixed with T-4 several times. I have transmission problems that I'm repairing now as my earlier POSTS indicate. I called the Customer Care Line and it's no big deal to them. They really don't seem to care one way or the other. So, I'll have to foot the bill for their mistake and it gets worse. Their parts book incorrectly identified the parts I needed and I had to take the parts back for more expensive parts that had to be ordered. My car sits. This reminds me of a Chinese motor scooter I had at one time. All the information regarding service was incorrectly translated to English and the parts book was for 3 different scooters and the part numbers were all mixed. If Toyota is , or already has, passed FORD as the number two automaker then I'd hate to own a Ford. What a mess this is turning into. Dang.

Reply to
Sluggo