Key Trouble

My wife and I own an 03 ES 300 and a new 05 RX 330, purchased at the same dealer. Both keys fit in both cars and both keys open both cars. The wrong key does not start the wrong car. On Tuesday my wife mistakenly put the ES key in the RX ignition. The key went in, turned and the car cranked but did not start. The key would not come out. We waited for 3 hours until Lexus sent a flat bed truck which took the RX to the Lexus dealer - 150 miles away. I was told I could rent a car from Enterprise if I wanted to.

Today we spoke to the dealer. They will make 4 new keys for the RX and remove the wrong key and either drive or flat bed our RX home. There is no charge although at first we were told there would be $190 charge for removing the key from the ignition, there was never a question of a towing charge. I complained and apparently Lexus ok'd the cost.

Interesting HUH?

slosaul

Reply to
slosaul

No kidding. They tell you what the heck happened?

Reply to
GLitwinski

Yes - they said that the 03 ES300 key is longer than the 05 RX330 key and that is why the key got stuck.

slosaul

GLitw> No kidding. They tell you what the heck happened?

Reply to
slosaul