Lexus Alarm Fault

I have a Lexus 02, 200SI. About 2 months ago the alarm started going off sparaically and for no apparent reason. Some days up to 20-30 times. I took it to the dealer and they said it will cost £450 plus to repair. Has anyone else had this problem? and is it a design fault or myfault? should i have to pay?

Reply to
sdrew

Did the dealer explain what was causing the alarm to activate? As a general rule, a problem is not a "design fault" if it happens to only one or a few vehicles.

If the warranty has expired, you pay. If the warranty is still in effect and the problem is a warrantable one, then you do not pay.

Reply to
Ray O