Lexus and Infiniti no longer no. 1 and 2

Knocking Lexus and Infiniti out of their accustomed places atop the J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Index Study, Lincoln and Buick finished one-two in the annual market research poll. What's more, six of the top 11 brands in the survey were domestic.

Reply to
edb

If Lexus would fix their ECU problems, they'd be back on top. Won't take much effort, just takes desire...which is actually questionable right now.

Reply to
Steve Larson

Wow, I just saw four horsemen pass by my window!

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

Not true. As of June 30th, 2004 Lexus was ranked NUMBER ONE in the quality/reliability poll of J.D. Power and Associates. Buick was NUMBER TWO. I read it in AutoBeat Daily--a publication for automotive industry executives. Here is the link to the same story in another publication. Proof!

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.

Oops. My bad. I was referring to quality and not "Customer Service Index Study". I apologize. But the quality is still what matters most to me.

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.

They still make Buicks? HAHAHAHA....Who the hell would want to buy those BUTT UGLY POS made by GM!!!!!

_ _

(I have a doctor's note to use Webtv)

Reply to
TelePuterer

This Ranking is for Customer Service not product quality of the vehicle itself. Also in five years take your Lincoln or Buick to the dealer that sold it to you and see what they will give you for it in trade. You will see what its true worth is then to your disappointment.

Reply to
Ice

Speaking of GM trade-in values, check out this story that I was told in the gym this week by a salesman that works at a Hummer dealership. For whatever reasons, some guy had bought a GMC Yukon Denali loaded to the max and then two weeks later he decided that he wanted to trade it in for a Hummer. He paid a little over $50,000.00 USD for the GMC--which had a DVD player and all the electronic gadgets you could possibly get. He told the salesman that he really, really made a mistake, and should have bought a Hummer to start with. Well, he traded in his GMC for a Hummer. Guess what they allowed him for his GMC Yukon Denali? $34,500.00 USD! Let's see here. I believe that is a depreciation of $15,500.00 over the course of just two weeks time. That guy obviously had more money than he had sense. I laughed out loud when the salesman at the gym told us what had happened with that trade. Too funny. It's just hard to believe people will throw away money like that.

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.