"Lexus can run with anything in class"

Lexus can run with anything in class at

Mike

Right, it just can't stop with anything else in its class. Recent report on comparable Luxo-barges in one of the car books showed new LS to have wholly inadequate braking performance. I mean it was loooooooong stopping distances. No excuse for this.

- nopcbs

Reply to
nopcbs

My experience too with the 07 GS 350. My older GS350 stopped much better.

Reply to
Jeff

EEEEK !!!! You mean my 06 LS430 wont stop as quick as a Mercedes E class or BMW 530 or Audi A6?????? I thought I had checked the stopping distances and found them to be comparable with a slight edge to the Lexus. DRAT !!!! Now the dratted thing won't start up and get out of the way of the speeding dump truck and if it does get moving, it will not stop before it runs into the dratted dump truck ! Humph! Anyone know of a way to alter the radar systems to detect dump trucks?

Reply to
mcbrue

On 14 Jan 2007 20:23:55 -0800, "mcbrue" graced this newsgroup with:

my neighborhood doesn't have a proliferation of rampaging dump trucks.

Reply to
Max

Or a Honda Civic, for that matter.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Wow. An idiot and a moron having a conversation. How entertaining!

Reply to
GIga

(top posting fixed)

wow. A $75,000 car with worse braking performance than a $16,000 car. How entertaining!

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:55:58 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" graced this newsgroup with:

well, I can buy a $10,000 sport bike than can blow away a Ferrari. What's your point?

Reply to
Max

You're comparing sport bikes to cars. That's apples to oranges. Why don't you compare sport bikes to sport bikes?

I'm comparing a very expensive car to a less expensive car.

One would think the more expensive car could do better.

What would you say if you found a sport bike that seemed to be the same as another, yet had significantly inferior performance?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:30:51 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" graced this newsgroup with:

I'd check and see what that type of sport bike is designed to do and then compare it to like models.

For example, I wouldn't compare a Ducati Monster to a Suzi Hayabusa, they're both considered sport bikes (albeit the Monster is more defined as a naked sport bike), since they're not like bikes. A more fair comparison would be a ZX10 to a Hayabusa.

Or, just save $25k over the LS and buy a Corvette.

With a Lexus, you're paying for the reliability, build quality and name. Performance hasn't really been a big ticket item for the Lexus engineers unfortunately.

Reply to
Max

Well, braking performance isn't speed performance. It's safety.

And they should be ashamed that a $16K car is safer than a $75K car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

With respect to braking distance, comparing a Honda Civic to a Lexus LS is also an apples to oranges comparison due to the difference in the weight of each car. I suspect that a Civic is about half the weight of an LS.

For a true apples to apples comparison, you would have to compare the LS to a car in its class.

Reply to
David Z