Lexus CD mp3 capabilities/firmware

I was wondering about firmware upgrades for the CD player in my RX330. I would like to know who makes the CD unit, could it be fujitsu? They used to make them for toyota.

Reply to
C. W. Cohn

C. W. Cohn

Yes, were here. Just no firmware upgrades.

Pioneer makes the RX330 electronics. At least the indash stuff, if that helps.

Reply to
Masterson

would be nice if they did..a person would just have to make a bootable cd, with the firmware and stick it in, the cd player would do the rest. a similar firmware upgrade process is used to upgrade the firmware on a LiteOn LVD-2001 DVD player. btw... it plays DivX and XviD.

Reply to
C. W. Cohn

All CD only players have non-changeable ASIC firmware because there are no bugs left to fix with red book audio. There is no codec processor inside to decode MP3. Sorry, an upgradeable CD player will never happen.

Reply to
Ken W.

I found I can burn audio CDs from MP3s to use in my RX330 CD player. To get the text for songs to appear you have to have an advanced burner that allows for that to be entered on the CD. Otherwise it'll just say Track 01, Track 02, etc. My Nero burner program allows me to name the album name for the CD and then picks up the individual song titles. It's a dual thing. You need to have a program that allows text plus cd burner hardware that will accept it.

But I also have a portable MP3 CD player. I have a simulated tape (from Radio Shack) that plugs into my MP3 CD player output. I plug the simulated tape into my tape player and it makes the connections to play my MP3s through the car's audio system. I also have a cigar lighter plug in to use car electricity rather than run down the MP3 CD player's batteries.

I've got a local car radio sales place investigating the possibility of adding an MP3 CD player to my audio stack in my car. I wouldn't replace my existing audio stuff. It's too nice and expensive. I would only add.... if that's possible. That way I'd get rid of the wire going from my portable CD player into the tape deck and the power plug wire to the cigar lighter.

Reply to
Darrell