Lexus CD Player

I have a 2005 Lexus ES 330. A few days ago, I inserted a CD in the player and listened to some music while on the road. Afterwards, I attempted to eject the CD and it won't eject. I followed the instructions in the Owner's Manual and it still wouldn't eject. It does give a message - Error #3. The book says for error #3, go to the dealer.

Has anyone else had this experience. Anything else I can do to get out that cd that's probably stuck? This is supposed to be a 6 CD player. To my knowledge there's only one CD stuck in there. Al

Reply to
Al

(Do not do this unless you know your radio/audio player code)

Reply to
Brian Jackson

Brian, Thanks for your reply. I don't know my radio/audio player code. Can you tell me where I would find it and why I will need it? I thought of trying to load another cd into the unit to see if that will free up anything. However, since I don't know what I'm doing, I haven't done it - yet. Al

Reply to
Al

The radio/audio code is an anti-theft feature. If a code has been entered, then it is necessary to re-enter the code if the battery dies or if power is disconnected from the radio. Usually, an key or lock icon shows up on the radio face plate somewhere to show that the anti-theft feature has been activated. If you have owned the vehicle since new and have never entered a code, then no code should be entered.

By the way, it would be better to pull the radio fuse than to disconnect the battery because some vehicle features like the central locking system and sunroof need to be initialized.

Reply to
Ray O

TO: Brian and Ray, Thanks for your advise. I am the original owner of the car and I don't recall whether I ever input that code. I will check it out and if I didn't I'll try the disconnect the fuse procedure. Won't get to it till about Monday. Again, thanks. Al

Reply to
Al