Lexus dealer oil and filter change price

Well, our local Lexus dealership has increased the price of their oil and filter changes. They were charging $35.00 and now they are charging $60.00! About 7 miles down the road the local Toyota dealership will do it for $30.00. I don't really mind paying between $19.95 and $35.00 for an oil and filter change, but $60.00 is just ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity, how much does your local Lexus dealership charge for an oil and filter change only? The Lexus dealership mentioned above is in North Carolina.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

My dealer in Suffolk County, NY charges $108. Yes, they wash the car, provide coffee/hot chocolate, donuts, newspapers, TV. I once inquired about the high price. He said that why would I trust a top of the line sedan to a local grease monkey. I no longer go there. I found a very competent and reliable independent who charges $20.

===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400

1999 E320 4-Matic

R> Well, our local Lexus dealership has increased the price of their oil and

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

WOW the Lexus price insanity grows! For $108 they better include some "personal" attention.

Reply to
Pud Knocker

I'm too cheap to find out. I pay around $34 every 5000 miles at a place I've been going for years. I guess it works because the car just went over 380K and the engine hasn't been rebuilt yet.

-- I feel for Cindy Sheehan's plight, but she's just a troll.

Reply to
RR

In the UK Lexus charge 220 pounds (350 dollars?) for an oil change including a quick look round, a wash and vacuum.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

"Anyone who can afford to own a Lexus can afford the appropriate Lexus service." He said, looking down his nose with a smug look and one eyebrow arched. First and only time I inquired about Lexus service at a Lexus dealership.

Just be glad you drive a car that us consistently one the most reliable luxury cars available, and all we're talking about is oil changes. I have friends who own MB and BMW's. Their cars spend a LOT of time in the shop, and they pay buku bucks. Those dealerships have the same attitude. "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Reply to
Me

Most of the Toyota dealers do offer free coffee/hot chocolate, donuts, newspapers, TV today in Southern CA. Some of them even offer free video games and sell Starbucks Coffie and Subway sandwiches. That is why I see more and more Lexus owners take their cars to Toyota for scheduled maintenance today, especially the ES and RX models.

Reply to
Guy

With all the *creative* financing deals available on today's vehicles, it really doesn't take much to own any Lexus, or any other premium vehicle, these days. Even if they're significantly upside down.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Walker

When we owned a RX 300 a couple of years ago, Lexus charged right at $50.00 for an oil change. The 5k service was $150.00. Compare that with $25.00 at our local Honda dealer on a Pilot with the 7,500 service at $70.00. Our 30k service ran right at $300.00 -- the RX 300 $800. You own a premium class auto like a Lexus and you should expect to pay. The rest of us peasants drive Toyotas and Hondas.

Reply to
TWW

In Central Florida the price is around $75. Of course they claim to use Castro Syntec oil.

Reply to
CFL

Why should you *expect* to pay?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What year is your car?

===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400

1999 E320 4-Matic

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

Understood, but you should really only have to pay a "premium" for the high quality vehicle itself and any replacement parts that are required downstream. Not OIL and OIL FILTERS that are common to any class of vehicle. I can swing $60.00 oil changes, but it's the principal of the matter. They're ripping people off on these oil and filter changes and they know it. Take a look at some of the prices that Lexus owners have posted in response to my inquiry. Apparently $60.00 is pretty darn cheap compared to what some folks in this forum have had to pay; but it's still a major ripoff. I'm just going to do the $30.00 oil and filter change at my local Toyota dealership and be satisfied with that price. It's worth that much to me to not have to fool with the disposal of the used oil, purchasing of oil and filters, etc. Plus by them having a lift they can do it faster than I can at home.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

1992

Reply to
RR

Solid. Stories like your are inspirations. Every time I think of getting a new LS 430, I come across stories like yours. I am 89000 and the '98 is running fine. I just returned form a 2,000 mile trip to South Carolina. The car just purrs. I am thinking of installing a DVD/Nav system. Any thoughts?

===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400

1999 E320 4-Matic

RR wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

Any reason to not visit the local Jiffy Lube or other el-cheapo establishment for oil changes and the like, and visit Lexus only for the serious stuff?

Is this something they lock you into if you lease?

Reply to
Greg Meaders

Only the same reasons not to as if you'd owned a Chevy or Toyota.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Since gasoline is such an issue now, how many miles are you realistically getting per gallon of premium?

Reply to
Rog

What if I'm leasing a Lexus.. am I obligated to take it to the dealer for maintenance?

Reply to
Greg Meaders

No.

Reply to