Lexus GS 430

Hello I am looking to buy a 2001 GS 430. I´d like to hear from owners of this car as to its strong and weak points, points to watch, mileage and fuel consumption...I already have a 1999 GS 300, very good car, but some input from owners of the 430 would be most appreciated. Thank you

Reply to
Enrique Quijano

You will absolutely love the car. I have had mine for 11 months now. I had not intended on buying it, but I found one in Cinnabar Red with a Black interior.As far as I can tell, extremely rare. I have no complaints. Make sure you get service records.

Reply to
Bill in Yakima

I have an 03 GS430 myself (my daily driver) and just love the low end torque. With the 5-speed automatic, it's relatively economical too. The V8 works so effortlessly and so quietly and it gives the verisimilitude of being an electric engine.

Consider these factors: 1) 25mpg 2) Mustang GT beating performance 3) quiet luxury

The downside is that it eats tires. I don't know how long your 6-cyl is on tires but I get about 30K miles on high performance tires. I drive smoothly but quickly. I have about 95,000 miles on mine. The only problem I ever had was the that the door lock actuator had to be replaced on the driver's door.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I also have a 2003 GS430. Mine has the 16 inch wheels, for which the tires supposedly last longer than the optional 17 inch wheels last. Right now, at

41,000 miles, I still have the original equipment 225/55 R16 tires. The tread is about 60-70% worn. I figure I may be able to get 50K miles out of them, although I may well replace them before then.

I also concur regarding the low-end torque and excellent gas mileage. I get

20mpg consistently in the city, and 25-26 on the highway....

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Gibbs

Reply to