Lexus GS300 up in flames

Quick one... I've just had my GS300 go up in flames in what looks like an electrical fault.

- It's about 3 1/2 years old - no modifications.

- was parked overnight, when the drivers side, front light panel AND the passengers side rear light panel burnt out and caused a fire that the Fire Services were called out to.

Anyone heard of this? Anyone any experience of putting pressure on Lexus to compensate... (as Lexus have so far been distancing themselves from this fault).

Many thanks.

Reply to
Geoff Fitzgerald

Was the car still under warranty?

Reply to
jt

No - just outside the 3 year warrenty. However, I'm checking with UK Law, ie Sale of Goods Act - valid for 6 years - but this makes the dealer responsible, not Lexus.

Reply to
Geoff Fitzgerald

Could you provide more details? What does "up in flames" mean? Did the entire car burn? And when you say "front light panel" and "rear light panel" are you talking about the the interior lights? Thanks,

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Mark

The exterior headlights/indicators, bonnet, bumpers, wheel arch at the front was burnt out - not sure what damage was done to the engine compartment.

At the rear, the brake lights, indicators, etc were burnt out; the bumper had melted and fire damage to the surrounding bodywork, etc.

The entire car may have burned out if the Fire Brigade hadn't put the fire out.

Any comments, similar experiences - not sure what your interest is.

Cheers, Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Fitzgerald