Lexus hierarchy

Is this the current Lexus hierarchy? LS GX SC GS RX ES

I'd like to see if there is a correlation between service levels at Lexus Dealerships and where one stands in the Lexus hierarchy. (I'm just a humble ES 300 owner)

Reply to
Iona Camry

Well, by cost the IS is the least expensive (although I don't think any sane person would consider $30-35k cheap), but I don't see it that way. The IS to me is qualitatively different. To dredge up an old thread, the IS is the "BMW" of the line while the ES, GS and LS are more akin to "Mercedes." They're going after different clientele.

The GS 300 uses the same eng> Is this the current Lexus hierarchy?

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

I could not agree more, my next car will be an IS 200, or maybe by that time an IS with a diesel engine... (i hope), it's a beauty of a car from the outside and inside and the mechanical specs look impressive too.

Cheers,

Andy

-- De-kennify my e-mail adres:

Data

Does it? We have some very powerful diesels here in europe, my 2.0 turbo diesel has 105 HP, BMW has a 2.0 turbo diesel with 150 HP (the same HP as an IS200). Modern diesel technology allows some very sportive driving but with a low fuel consumption. Once a turbo of a diesel kicks in you need a very good gasoline engine to follow it ;)

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Data

I've experienced identical (excellent) service whether I turned in an ES, RX or GS. It seems that the loaner fleet at my dealer is 90% RX & ES, so I'm not sure what you'll get if you have an LS serviced...

Reply to
M.

A powerful turbo diesel engine generates 105HP???

150HP???

My 1988 2.5L V6 Camry generates 156HP !

Reply to
Iona Camry

I got a 4-cylinder Mazda 626 as a loaner vehicle when I dropped off my 2000 ES 300 at the Lexus dealer.

It had been a while since I drove a 4-cylinder car. Ah, the nostalgia! I forgot that you can't accelerate uphill in a 4-cylinder car :)

No LS owner will put up with a 4-cylinder Mazda loaner vehicle from a Lexus dealer.

Reply to
Iona Camry

Your point being?

Andy

Reply to
Data

Is this the current Lexus hierarchy? LS GX SC GS RX ES

I'd like to see if there is a correlation between service levels at Lexus Dealerships and where one stands in the Lexus hierarchy. (I'm just a humble ES 300 owner)

Reply to
Dave M

A mid-sized family-sedan marketed by Toyota 15 years ago generates more HP than the powerful turbo diesel engine you mention that generates

105HP/150HP.
Reply to
Iona Camry

Reply to