Lexus IS 350

Two days ago I was driving on the freeway and I heard a hissing noise. I turned down the radio and after a few seconds the noise was gone. The climate control (AC - air conditioner) was on. It continued to run but it didn't cool the air anymore.>> Has anyone else had this happen to them?The dealer has said that the AC condenser has "road damage" and that has caused the freon to leak.The dealer is trying to charge me $1100 for this "road damage" to the AC Condenser. I believe it is a design defect or part defect.How come other cars don't have this problem. Their condensers must be in a location that is NOT susceptible to damage like Lexus IS models OR their AC codensers must be made from a better (stronger material). I was told to file this on my comprehensive policy with my insurance provider because it is not covered by my warranty.

If Lexus does not pay for this thing, I will report it. If enough people complain maybe Lexus will replace the AC Condensors.

I have already filed a complaint with Lexus Corporate office.

Reply to
hourstonk

I just had that happened to me today, got a $1500 quote to fix due to ac condenser being damaged which caused Freon to leak.

Reply to
aligaara