Lexus sound system I-Pod

I just purchased an RX 400h and would love to route its signal directly into the sound system (not through the casette player). Are there aftermarket products that allow this? The Lexus dealer didn't know much about this.

Reply to
Joe Melillo

This is of no help to your question, just a related comment. I have a 2002 ES300, to which I added an XM Skyfi2 radio. I had to hardwire an antenna FM modulator interface to get reasonable sound quality through the delivered system. I was disappointed that there were no options for adding a high level input to my factory stereo. Your message leaves me in utter amazement that Lexus STILL is not providing an option to plug in an external audio source to their head units. On top of the numerous tranny problems I've had with my 02 ES, this is all the more reason that I won't buy Lexus again.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

The 2007 ES 350 has an input jack for iPods and the like.

Reply to
Dan

Nothin like being ahead of the curve, eh?

Reply to
David Z

it's about time...

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

You can check out this link:

but with one caveat: I know of one that was installed in an RX330 with navigation and the unit prevented the nav system from receiving the satellite signals. Whether this was due to a faulty unit and/or installation I don't know....

You really can't fault the Lexus dealer for not knowing about this...why should they want to provide info about an aftermarket product that can potentially create problems (such as the one above) for them?

Reply to
greg

I've heard good things about the Dension IceLink:

It is available for most factory installs, you will just need to check for compatibility.

Reply to
Brett

There is a great video on installing a Denison Ice Link on

Its for a Honda Accord, but the process would be the same for most cars.

Brett wrote:

Reply to
Doozer

All new models have the Ipod Jack built in. I have an IS350 and it came standard. Another good thing is that it is a standard audio jack, so you can use any MP3 player you have, rather than being restrained to ipod.

Kamran

Joe Melillo wrote:

Reply to
johnycarlos