lexus steering wheel paint

The "paint" on my 1990 LS400 steering wheel is chipping off in blobs, leaving the bare leather exposed. It is very unsightly and I would like to bring it back to where it used to be. Does anyone know if there is a touch-up paint for the steering wheel that I can purchase, and, if so, where I might get it? Thanks.

Reply to
BobT

Contact your local Lexus Dealer, there are companies that will refinish the leather on the seats and they may be able to fix the steedring wheel. But I think you may have a problem as the oils in your hands would probably eat through any "paint" that is applied. CHek a local bone-yard for a new wheel.

Myles

Reply to
msb

I had the same problem with my 1992 LS400 & 1993 GS300 and for $115 each at a private car leather shop I got them done . Now they look

100% new. Also i made the GS300 one with wood finish similar to 2004 ls430.
Reply to
Mar1