Lexus Welcome Kit ??

We recently purchased a new 2004 ES330. Are we supposed to get any type of welcome kit or customer appreciation package in the mail from Lexus?

I appreciate any input you have to offer. Thanks!

Reply to
Vince

You mean, besides the tube of KY the salesman let you use when you bought it?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

That's a dealership thing, I think. Some may send you a box of cookies or something. Some (probably most) don't. I've never received anything after my purchases, but a friend who bought from a different dealer received a "Thank you" gift package from his dealership.

What made you think Lexus would send you a welcome kit?

Reply to
njbok

I was told by the finance manager at the Lexus dealership where we purchased the car that we would be receiving a welcome package in the mail. I'm wondering if he was being truthful or if he is a liar.

Reply to
Vince

When I bought my '03 LS430, I got a nice package of coupons in the mail a few weeks later.

Oh, wait, those were payment coupons......

HBH

Reply to
Helmar Herman

If he was working at a car dealership and his lips were moving, there's a strong chance that he was lying. ;-)

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.

We recieved a gift basket with cheese and coffee some other stuff. You know, snooty rich folks stuff.

Reply to
Bob Muse

At delivery in Central NJ we received a coupon good for a "nice surprise" (a bottle of wine was implied) at a classy-looking Italian restaurant near the dealer. We haven't used it yet so I'm not totally sure what the surprise is but I'm sure it's more than a side of mozzarella sticks. About six weeks after delivery we received via UPS a classy box of classy fruit from a famous nearby classy fruit vendor; the box probably would go for $25 or $30 at retail.

On my Lexus new-buyer survey form I squawked about a small sales problem we had had; when the details got back to the dealer I received an apology call. The gentleman at the other end said he had already set up my eventual 10,000 mile service to be free, and wanted the name of "our favorite restaurant" so he could open up a "credit line" there for a dinner. I told him thanks but no thanks on the credit line. I pay for my own dinners.

Reply to
Cliff Chinaski

I was given a Lexus golf umbrella and four floor mats with my new IS. Still, I'm in the UK and perhaps we do things differently over here.

Reply to
James

I think most of the responses, where a gift was sent or promised, it has been from the dealership (or salesperson) involved.

I sort of expected that's the way it worked, if any package was provided to a buyer. The original poster seemed to believe that a Welcome Kit would come from Lexus, the manufacturer. I'm not sure if that's ever been the case. Anyway, there doesn't seem to be any set policy that's apparent.

Reply to
njbok

Finance Manager? Surely you didn't believe or deal with that department.

Especially for a 330? :-)

Reply to
Bugsy

Reply to
Bugsy

Reply to
Jsmerk

Reply to
Pappy

Vince how do you like the 330? we are looking at one with the upgraded stereo, lights , rain sensors, wood inlays, trak-control etc, what sort of deal did you get?

Reply to
ElSupremo

What a snob!

You may not realize this, but there is no particular prestige or socio-economic "class" or affluence required for Lexus ownership. Anyone with good credit can buy the most expensive LS430 with all the toys and lease or finance the whole thing with nothing down.

Of course the same could be said of any of the luxury cars. It matters not how much one costs, it only matters how good the buyer's credit is (or how many people he can put together to co-sign the note)

Reply to
New Owner

With my Es I got front English Channel matts { very nice }. You can also get touch up paint free but you need to ask for it at the parts counter. Pretend as if wanting to pay and they will tell you no charge

Reply to
Ice

Previously in alt.autos.lexus, "Ice" proclaimed :

we got touch up paint when we got the car and about a week later we got a box in the mail. When we opened it, a balloon floated out with "Congratulations" and a Lexus logo on it. Also wrapped in the box was two black and gold Lexus coffee mugs and a note that we had a complimentary oil change anytime we wanted to use it.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown __________________________________________________________________________ Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01

We gave their finance guy a shot, but even when he called in a favor from a buddy due to our high credit score, he was still 2% higher than the credit union.

Reply to
Bob Muse

How long ago did you buy the Lexus?

Usually they don't bust their a--es getting anything out to you that's a freebee. It's like a mail-in rebate from a manufacturer. You'll get it........in due time.

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby