Lexus Worse Than Mercedes

Finaly got my wifes 2000 ES300 in for its 25000 checkup. The brakes make it shake the steering wheel so badly when you step on them at road speed that it nearly threw me off the freeway first time I did it. They also vibrate the wheel at lower speeds. She drives like the typical little old lady and does not overheat the brakes or drive down mountains, etc. My 1992 ES 300 did that too so they ground off the rotors. There is a recall or fix it free notice out on the 2002 and 2003 ES300s for this same problem. SO THEY TOLD ME THE BACK BRAKES ARE SHOT AND MAKE THE STEERING WHEEL VIBRATE. But the front ones are shot too and they will replace the back brakes if I pay the $440 to do the pads and rotors on the front!!!!!!! That is more than the Mercedes Stealership charges to do the same job on my S420! I told them to go ahead and do it - this is the last Lexus that I will buy. In short, Lexus of Greenville lied to me and overcharges me. They also refuse to stock an LS430 so they can claim they sell them too fast - so they can raise the price. Earlier this summer I had to drive to another town to see one and there were 4 sitting on the show floor there. I did talk to the national Lexus phone number, but they really don't care. SUMMARY - Lexus of Greenville SC is a poorer dealer than even the Mercedes Dealer. And Mercedes is rock bottom!

Reply to
MCBRUE

I feel your pain. I just paid $100 for a 4 wheel alignment, and $80 for a rotation/balance. I'll not make that mistake again, my routine service on my 2002 ES300 will be done at the local Toyota dealership. They charge $40 for an alignment and $40 for rotation/balance. There is no added value in paying Lexus dealerships' inflated service prices for the same work.

Reply to
Steve Larson

TO BAD FOR MERCEDES THAT 50% OF THEIR CUSTUMERS SWICH TO LEXUS. IM ON MY FIFTH LEXUS.SOUNDS LIKE YOU LET YOUR BRAKES GO, BECOUSE AT 25k ,ALL YOU NEED IS RESURFACE ROTORS AND INSTALL NEW PADS.JD POWER RATES LEXUS NR 1 FOR PAST 12 YEARS.FIND OUT HOW THEY GOT THERE, THEY CALL PEOPLE WHO PURCHASE CARS AFTER 90 DAYS.MAYBE WHEN I TURN 80 YEARS OLD I PURCHASE MERCEDES, OR BUICK.

Reply to
jerry 94 gs300

No need to shout Jerry.

By the way, what is your point?

Reply to
Oldun

Grandpa Simpson, s'at you?

John

Reply to
The Lindbergh Baby

Brakes at 25k? I have 45k on my Honda Prelude and am assured by the dealer that new pads will likely not be necessary until 70k miles.

Reply to
TWW