LOCKED OUT!!!

I want the engineer responsible for this strung up by his neck hairs.

There was nothing out of the ordinary when I used the key remote to my 93 LS

400 to lock my doors until I came back out and attempted to unlock them. The familiar double-beep, the sound of the motors and the linkage were there, but the door didn't open. I tried again. Beep. Locked. Beep-beep. Not unlocked. Try the back door. Ok, it works. Try the key. Mmmm. Feels like something's jammed in there. Try the doors on the other side. They work fine too, so it's just the driver's side door. Call my mechanic friend. Can't take the door panel off, the freakin' door's shut.

It's Sunday, I'm tired of crawling over the console to get in, and tired of driving my wife's ES300.

Is there a precendent for this? Is there a manual override that I'm not aware of? Is this going to cost a small fortune? Any takers?

TIA,

H Nolan

Reply to
Harley Nolan

I think that's a bit much in the way of a punishment. Ten year old car, right? We don't know what's wrong, do we? Could be a real fluke mechanism break or jam.

Anyway, you might be able to get assistance from someone with a "cheater bar". Assuming that the linkage inside the door has not come apart, that should work. Try a friendly cop or a locksmith or a tow truck operator. If the linkage has jammed (and the fact that the key does not work, does make one think that is true), the cheater bar might not work, in that case things might get ugly...and expensive.

Good luck.

Reply to
GRL

It's not an American car, nor a European car, and that is a plus.

Reply to
Joe Liu

what kind of german kar in the drive? I have a german kar and a lexus. But the Lexus is only a jap car just like the german kar is only a kraut kar.

Reply to
MCBRUE