Looking for IS300 Navigation

Can anyone tell me where I might find a Lexus salvage yard. I would like to pull out the navigation to a wrecked IS300. Anyonek know if this is possible. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Gio

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
BENZINI9

Mark Klebanoff

You'd be better off with a quality GPS such as Garmin's soon to be released c320/c330.

Travis Jordan

Installing the factory navigation unit would require replacing the entire dashboard and center console unit, plus you would need to install the nav computer (I think it goes in the trunk) Do what Travis said by a quality aftermarket unit. I have seen a unit I beleive by alpine that is a replacement radio with a nav unit built in that slides out of the spot that the CD usually would go. It's very slick looking.

msb

BENZ> Can anyone tell me where I might find a Lexus salvage yard. I would

Reply to
msb

Your not correct. No Dash or Console replacement needed.

Just the dash nav screen, nav computer, GPS ant, wiring harness.

I agree with the other post, you will have a very hard time finding a lexus system to install. Also, why install a system that is several years old? newer systems will be much better.

Reply to
Masterson

The nav's controls on an IS300 are located in a pod in the center console not on the nav screen like the other models. The nav screen aslo "pops up" from the area of the dash that currently has the flat panel that you can put things in and watch fly to the back seat.

msb

Masters> Your not correct. No Dash or Console replacement needed.

Reply to
msb

Confused. That is exactly what I said, yes?

Reply to
Masterson

If I'm not mistaken you said you DO NOT need to replace the dash or center console, correct? I am saying that I believe that you do.

msb

Reply to
msb

The only things that need to be changed are.

Remove small plastic tray at top of the dash. Replace with Nav screen assembly. The dash itself remains the same and unchanged.

Again. You "DO NOT" need to replace the dash or center console.

I'm glad that we agree.

Reply to
Masterson