LS 400 Jump Start Disaster!

My 1990 LS 400 battery, an old unit, would barely crank the engine. My neighbor offered his pickup for a jump start. He attached the cables from his pickup to my car while I sat behind the wheel. He cranked his pickup but I didn't seem to be getting any juice...then I saw the smoke from the jumper cables, leaped out and yanked them off.

A new battery and my LS 400 started right up, but the radio won't work nor will the interior trunk release or the electrical door locks. Lights, windows, etc. all else seems fine. I replaced the main Radio fuse (which was burned) and the secondary radio fuse (which wasn't) but the radio, trunk release, etc is still dead.

Any suggesting greatly appreciated.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Viola

Check all of the fuses under the hood and under the passenger side of the dashboard, including the dome light fuse.

Reply to
Ray O

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:48:05 -0500, "Ray O" graced this newsgroup with:

..and to add to Ray's comment. Tell your friend that it's *really* important to know the difference between negative and positive terminals next time.

There's a reason they're different colors. ;-)

Reply to
Max

Thanks, gentlemen.

Reply to