LS 460

I drove the LS 460 today at a "Taste of Lexus" presentation here in Southern California. I currently drive a '02 LS 430 daily and was surprised that they could possibly top the comfort, quiet and ride in the new model. The zero to sixty+ was impressive for such a big car and the handling was also very good for the weight. The fit and finish is of course, outstanding! These cars were said to be pre-production vehicles and one 460L had very poor black paint...way too much orange peel. All of the others looked great. I also watched a live demonstration of the auto-park feature. It is really quite remarkable. I backed up and turned exactly the way it needed to. Not totally automatic though, the driver does have to put on the brakes as necessary and then pull forward manually. No sales folks taking orders and no prices were quoted here but all the Lexus folks said that the 460 and 460L will be available at the end of October. Can't wait.

Reply to
DonNews

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait. Each dealer is only getting 5 cars, and the waiting lists have dozens of names on them already. I wouldn't expect mere mortals to be able to get an LS460 till at least the summer of '07. Pricing is expected to mid in the mid 100's, and as usual for Lexus new introductions, no discounting what-so-ever off MSRP.

Reply to
Giga

I think you're confusing the LS460 with the LS600hL. The 600hL will cost in the mid-100k range and will be available in very limited supply until next year.

The LS460 and 460L are already in production, and while they have long waiting lines, dealer's will certainly receive more in stock than 5 for a full year. Price on the 460 is expected to be in the 70's and the 460L around 90k.

Reply to
NYLexSC

Yup. You are absolutely correct. I mixed the two up. Thanks for the clarification!

Reply to
Giga