LS400 08/1993 Repeated Coolant loss

i have an end 1993 LS400 running in southwest germany. car was always at lexus for service. at 61000 miles the timing belt was changed.

now it was very very hot outside, the A/C was used permanently and the car started loosing coolant fluid suddenly. i filled up and after a day or so i had to refill again. i had to refill a liter or so.

outside temperatures turned down and so i didnt use the A/C again. while driving suddenly the temperature shoot up. i turned of the ventilation and the temperature was perfect immediately. for safety i stopped the engine.

now my question is, if there was a recall from lexus for the waterpump AND if it was the lexus dealers job to replace the water pump at the same time when he knew it was a weak point of the LS400? cost are fairly high, about 600 euro/us$ and the dealer said he can only "guess" if it is the pump or a cylinder head problem.

please help me out - i cant drive with this car anymore.

thanks.

Reply to
phase