LS400 94 REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

I have a 94 LS400 and the remote keyless engtry is no longer working. I have changed the battery and the swith on the dash board is in the on position and it still does not work. Does anyone have any suggestion and to what to look for next. I have checked all of the fuses to see if that could be the issue but they are all fine also.

Thanks

Reply to
rgodwin

Do you have only one remote or did the others not work either?

Reply to
Viperkiller

I only have the one remote key and the valet key that is all that there was when I bought the vehcile from another individual.

Reply to
rgodwin

[...]

I supposed that's a lesson learned that when purchasing a used vehicle with special keys is to factor in the cost of the replacement. But, that's different matter.

The only way to eliminate it is to get another remote key. That is the more likely one to fail anyway. The main security unit in the car is extremely reliable.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Here's a different approach,

I just bought a remote key on Ebay. I then had to buy separately, the instructions to program the key to my car (same as yours). Go on Ebay and search programming instructions for your car, a guy in GB will email them to you for ~$6. Try that before replacing the key, they're expensive!

Reply to
dtishauer

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

I've purchased from this site before on another (non-Lexus) vehicle and the remotes (and programming instructions), worked perfectly.

I see that they don't have an 94 LS400 listed but it might be worth a call/email to see if the 95's (which they do have listed), are the same.

kegler