Migrating to Synthetic oil - 98 ES300, 52K

Hi:

I recently got a used single-owner 1998 ES300 car. It has only 52K miles. the car is a single-owner, mint conditon and all service done in dearlership.

I am planning to start using syntentic oil (AMSOil). I have read Synthentic oil may not be good for older cars.

My questions, Does anybody in group migrate to Synthentic oil on a 9-year old car. Does anyone any comment or suggestion.

Thanks,

-Balki

Reply to
bestpower911

What ever oil you decide to use, make sure it is certified by the American Petroleum Institute, as that is the oil recommended by the manufacturer. Not all ASMOIL products are API certified.

Reply to
Ray O

So synthetic should be fine on a 1998 Car.

Thanks

Reply to
lexusbee

I'm an Amsoil dealer and I also own two Lexus vehicles, a ES300 and a RX300. You can use Amsoil on older cars has long has they have been well maintained, such has regular oil changes and have no oil leaks. The best choice of oil would be either the Series 2000 0W-30, or the 5W-30. By the way, ALL Amsoil products surpass all car manufacturers specifications.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne