More little things in my 06 Ultra 430 LS

The power steering wheel is a true thing of war on this vehicle. The makers of the car win by causing more drivers to stroke out. If you get out and leave the car running, the steering wheel does not lift up when you open the door like some other brands do. Since the cabin is so small and cramped, I have the wheel dropped down nearly to my thighs, so it is a real battle to get back in, and the frustration leads to the high blood pressure which causes the MI or stroke so they win the war! (Remember the great Japanese book based on the idea that business is war.)

So now to this wonderfull tool of frustration, add a squeaking, squawking sound when you shut the car down and the wheel retracts upwards. WOW ! What could be causing this do you suppose - other than ghosts and evil spirits ?

And now the right hand front bumper sensor has decided to tell me when it is within 50 feet of nearly anything. It turns on its little beeping noise and interrupts the pretty map display with a picture of the car and its right front sensor beeping. It does this mainly when stopped within one or two car positions of a stop light. But it can also do it if driving down a street with stoplights every block. But then it might not do it coming back up the same street! Yes, eventualy it does seem to shut off if you turn the detector and display ranges down, turn down the volume, and shut the display off. This is the same sensor that did this a year or so ago. Then Lexus said I had obviously crashed it into something. But that had happened a year prior to the first problem with it, and it didn't physicaly damage the sensor!

Does anyone have a copy of the ritual required to exorcise the beeping demon from the beeping system? Or are there any other suggestions as to the possible cause.

How are the ratings holding up for the Lexus? What about the sales figures? Do you suppose there are any other customers who have these endless problems with their Lexii?

Reply to
mcbrue

So long as initial quality doesn't concern you.

"Lexus Regains Top Nameplate Ranking, LX 570 and LS 460 Finish One-Two."

"TORRANCE, Calif., June 22 -- Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today earned 10 segment awards in the 2009 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS). The Lexus nameplate finished first overall, with the LX 570 capturing the top spot as the most problem-free vehicle."

What do you drive, john?

Reply to
DaveW

Mcbrue, Toyota's Lexus actually did well during the initial quality survey. But that doesn't mean they have good engineering, driving dynamics, resale value or year-over-year sales numbers.

The survey includes highly subjective things like how the driver likes cup holders, how easy controls are for a driver to operate. So I guess if Yugo were to rank high, people like Dave would flock to it, holding a Consumer Reports in his hands. Yeah, I know, pathetic.

IMO, there are plenty of less sophisticated buyers who just can't see past the superficial.

Reply to
john

Hey Juan - How come you dropped the G Dole bullshit from your name? Trying a new persona? You're still an idiot. Have you ever actually DRIVEN a BMW or Mercedes? To you, it probably feels the same as when your driving your johnson at home alone - stiff for a while, then just messy and soft. Some day those CHURMANS will figure out that they really do suck at building cars that work.

Reply to
GIga

Beeping Update info. The Beeping has stopped ! At least it does not beep at inappropriate beeping times. The beeping started after some serious downdraft type thunder storms had taken out trees and dumped inches of rain in a few minutes. This also turned off several traffic signals. My thought is that there is something the stop lights were doing during that period that somehow generated a beeping signal for the beepers to beep at.

New Beeping Related problem is that I turned off the Navigator display of the beepers and now I can't get it turned back on. There is still the little display that lights up on the dashboard in the middle, but the big one that took out the Navigator screen is off and won't turn back on. Ideas?

And we are all so happy to see GLGA is still alive and spreading his love and adoration of all other beans, human and otherwise - otherwise like himself - around these hallowed halls of Worship of the business of War. In a more reflective mood, have any of us ever determined exactly what sort of bean Glga is? Noisy bean for sure.

Reply to
mcbrue

Yeah, stick shift all the way ;)

Reply to