need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help

Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300 Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)

My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks). What's a good replacement battery?

Reply to
Adam

Are you sure it's your battery? 3-4 years is the average age when batteries konk out for good, but you'd better check your charging system because a bad one can ruin a new battery in a few weeks.

Interstate is made by Johnson Controls, which also produces Sears Diehard (most but not the Platinums -- Deka/East Penn makes those), Motorcraft, Costco Kirkland, Walmart Everstart/Maxx, AutoZone Duralast, Eveready, Advance Auto, and I think Bosch. I don't think Consumer Reports has found any of these JC brands to be better than others, and each year they test batteries, they get different results. I believe all of these are low maintenance, not maintenance- free, except for Eveready. Low maintenance can be better if you forget to turn off the lights overnight because maintenance-free can be ruined for good if you do that just 1-2 times.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Thanks, I will look into the batteries mentioned. It's time to replace the battery anyways. So, will try that first. Will look further if that doesn't make things better.

Reply to
Adam

I go with Exide, aince they make Toyota's OEM batteries, and I have gotten over 7 years out of three Toyota batteries.

Reply to
Hachiroku