Need help accessing rear window brake light on '98 ES300

Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear window speaker cover to acess a burnt-out rear window brake light. Seems to be the only way to get at it. Got me stumped. Thanks.

Reply to
ed paladin

Info here:

Walt

Reply to
njbok

Thanks Walt, but that's not how it's fastened on North American models. Housing comes off when you pull it towards you. Then unplug wire from housing. Turn housing over and lamp base will twist out. Replace lamp and reassemble. Only took me three months to find out how to do it. lol.

Reply to
ed paladin

Thanks Ed.......I'll have to save that. I know I'll be doing that someday soon, I suppose.

Walt

Reply to
njbok