negotiating a new lexus

I'm ready to buy an IS C 250, for the right price. I haven't bought a new car in 20 years. My last new car purchase was a Toyota and I got it for about 17% below sticker. Just how much negotiation room does the dealer have?

Reply to
GSS

I got my GS350AWD last December for about 15% below sticker, but it was the end of the model year - an '08 when the '09s were about to arrive. I don't think you can expect to do that well with a '10 IS C, since it's a new model.

Your best bet is to visit at least three Lexus dealers and make it clear to all of them that you're also shopping elsewhere. Even if the dealerships are far apart, it'll be worth your while.

Reply to
DaveW

Go to the Lexus website and use the software to build the car as you want it. Then from the site submit the info to your local dealers . Tell them you are going to buy this car in two weeksf or sure from whoever gives you the best price.

When I first went to the dealer showroom they would not budge off the sticker on my ES . I got a quote for $3200 less from the exact same dealership . I presented it to the same sales person who after getting over her intial shock consulted her manager and gave me the quoted price. Give it a try.

Reply to
Ice

Discounts vary depending upon how hot a car is. The best place that I've found to find out the going rate for a car is Edmunds Prices Paid and Buying Experience forums. The forum for the Lexus IS 250 is:

David Z