Odd Noise

SWMBO drives a 2001 RX-300. I had to take it to work recently, and heard the strangest sound coming from the passenger side dash at the floor. With the ignition in the start position, engine running or not, a sound much like a loud hard drive being accessed repeatedly is heard at the passengers left foot. It sounds like a small servo operating an in irregular interval, but it doesn't stop until the ignition is turned off. I thought it was the CD changer, but that's not it. What system is located in this area that could be making this sound? We'll take it to the dealer in the next few days, and I'll report their findings. In the mean time, anyone care to guess? TIA. O.

Reply to
Oregon

Maybe an air door (for climate control system) or its servomotor.

-- Pete

Oreg> SWMBO drives a 2001 RX-300. I had to take it to work recently, and heard

Reply to
Pete

That's where you plug in your blow up friend.

Reply to
Mad Fan

conversation,

There's also a little compartment next to the the glove box,it contains a sense of humour,why not give it a go you anal retentive pleb.

Reply to
Mad Fan