OT: How Do I Backup Outlook Express?

One of the things that I never learned how to do is to backup the FOLDERS (INBOX, OUTBOX, SENT, DELETED and DRAFTS) in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. I went into PROPERTIES, but am unable to find the folders listed in PROPERTIES by clicking down levels from MY COMPUTER. Why is this such a hassle?

Can anyone help tell me how to backup my SENT and DELETED Emails in OUTLOOK EXPRESS?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

I was told that in XP, backing up the "Documents and Settings" folders backs up Outlook express files as well. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm this.

Reply to
Ray O

These are the instructions on Microsofts Knowledge Base Support site:

CFL

It's in the Help file. From within OE, Press F1 then click on the 'Index' tab and enter "backing up mail folders" into the search field. Then click on 'Display'. The Help file will walk you through the procedure.

If you want to do things manually, search for the '*.dbx' files

hth, Bob

Reply to
Bob_R