Overdrive-off light

When I have been driving my 92 400 for about ten minutes, the overdrive -off light starts flashing and continues to flash until the car is shut off. There doesn'y seem to be any code to the light just continuous flashing. Also, the shift performance doesn't seem right once the light is flashing. I get very poor accelleration. Has anybody had this problem and what did you find?

Reply to
Randy Taylor

overdrive -off

This is the transmission's equivalent of a "check engine light." It is an indicator of a fault noted by the drive train controller and the poor acceleration is probably because the system is in some kind of "limp home" mode. The dealer can put the car on the computer and read the fault code. I wouldn't ignore it.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

overdrive -off

I have the instructions for getting the fault codes and what they mean if you want.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I took it to a dealer and they found a code for a bad #2 solenoid in the transmission. When I have time I'll check it out.

Reply to
Randy Taylor