Poll of Lexus Owners: Class Action Lawsuit

If a class action lawsuit were to form so that owners of ES300/330 cars with the transmission problem could get new cars and compensation (you gotta pay the ambulance chasers somehow), who here would participate in the class? Lexus's own customer records would be subpoenaed, and I'm sure it would count hundreds, if not thousands, of owners who have complained about this.

If I'm the North American head of Lexus, I'm thinking, "How much would it cost to shut these complainers up?" Here's my answer, get me a new Lexus that has a working transmission. Or fix my car and compensate me for the pain in the ass multiple trips and phone calls to your useless national call center. Oh, yeah, and apologize for being such arrogant pricks. Do you believe the twit at the customer call center told me that the transmission lag was operating "as designed"? And that's what she kept saying. and saying. and saying. Those lying mothers even had a script to dish out if you complained about the transmission.

Ok, let me calm down now.

I personally know many prospective buyers who have avoided Lexus (ES model in particular) because of the complaints they have heard. If anyone at Lexus HQ reads this and they want to shut ME up, they can write me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.

Count me in the class action if there ever is one. Any hungry lawyers out there?

Reply to
Mack

This transmission problem seems specific to USA, I've yet to see any major problems on this in Europe.

Reply to
old man

I feel the pain and would happily join in. Unfortunately, I believe most ES drivers are "granny" drivers who don't care if the car moves fast or not, because they don't even try. I would guess that most drivers who want a responsive car probably won't go with an ES in the first place. I was lulled into thinking Lexus always made good cars across the board, and I made the mistake of buying the ES300 the first year of its restyling, which was also the first year of the new screwed up onboard tranny computer. I'd love to join, I just don't think there would be enough owners knowledgeable enough about the problem to join.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

On Wed, 24 May 2006 16:46:15 -0400, "Rumple Stiltskin" graced this newsgroup with:

are you a "granny driver"? My wife has been called everything in the book.."lead foot", "speed demon", "race car driver"..and in some instances, just plain crazy and *she* drives an ES. I think you're painting an entire group of owners with a pretty darn broad brush.

Reply to
kegler

No, I'm an agressive driver by nature, but have been forced to alter my style. If a majority of ES drivers were aggressive drivers, then Lexus would have been forced to fix the problem. As it is, only a minority of drivers have reported the problem to Lexus, keeping this issue largely under the radar. The reality is that most drivers accept the concept of the ES being a relaxing soothing experience and forgive its failings in performance.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

On Thu, 25 May 2006 08:34:33 -0400, "Rumple Stiltskin" graced this newsgroup with:

hmm..you may have a point, but at least in the metro DC area, Lexus drivers are no less aggressive than any other car on the road. Around here, it's basically kill or be killed. ;-)

Reply to
kegler

Same in Atlanta...this place is freaking unbelievable during rush hour(s)

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

It depends on the arrangements with the Attorney(s). I would consider joining if they will be paid out of the damages awarded, if any. On the other hand, if I have to pay anything, forget about me. Al

Reply to
Al

I would bet the attorneys would come out the best. ES owners would probably get a $100 voucher that we could apply toward a new Lexus purchase...

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Rumple Stiltskin" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

..actually, more likely, credit towards a more effective cupholder.

Reply to
kegler

I just want to go back to a manual transmission. If it wasn't for this damned wretched Atlanta traffic, I'd go manual again. It's just a real pain when sitting in stop and go on I-285...

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Rumple Stiltskin" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

...you haven't lived until you've tried DC traffic. DC traffic, quite literally, is more congested on a Sunday morning that rush hour in Atlanta. I believe only LA beats DC in traffic congestion. Right now, there's a 6 hour backup to get over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge because of construction. Usually it's only two hours! *sigh*.

Reply to
kegler

Sheesh, you've got me beat...

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Rumple Stiltskin" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

it's unbelievable. Many people just can't comprehend how bad it is until they've actually had to endure it. I live less than 12 miles from DC and I have to leave a 6:45 am to walk into the office at

*And that's using the HOV lane*.

Reply to
kegler

nice, sounds like you need to telework. I leave for work before 5am to beat Atlanta's traffic. I see more people doing the same as the rush hour continues to expand here.

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin

You could hear a pin drop when the almighty "Rumple Stiltskin" addressed his adoring fans with these immortal words:

oddly enough, I work for the DC Government and they have yet to embrace telecommuting.

Reply to
kegler

hmmm, does teleworking benefit the oil companies? ;-)

Reply to
Rumple Stiltskin