"Pops a Dent"

Has anyone used this item or similar products to remove a minor dent? I am aware of the limitations ie: creased panel, exposed metal under the paint, etc. Thanks

Reply to
Mikeygmoed

I worry about the "adhesive" they use on that thing that sticks to the dent. It may be so effective as to pull your paint off and leave the dent. :)

Reply to
Rex

They typaccly work from inside the car to "massage" the dent out. There is no adhesive used. If the dent is small and not on a crease they usually do a very good job.

Myles

Reply to
msb

I have seen others that use a suction cup type thing. (Not the cheap store bought ones though) From what I've heard and seen it can 'pop' it back out like new but some dents will leave a paint crease.

Find a local shop that can do this (using any method mentioned in this thread) and take it to them to have a look. Ask to speak to some of their customers and see if they were happy with the work done.

At the end of the day it will come down to how much you're willing to pay for the results you expect. Perfection usually costs :-)

Reply to
Alex Devlin

Ignoring his agents wishes,Alex Devlin flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

Having worked in a body shop and did a lot of dent/ding removal, I seriously doubt that these pop-a-dent products work. Save your money and get it done professionally. You'll pay a little more but will most likely like the results far better than doing it with some junk kit.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

you can actually get rid of 90% of most small dents with a glue pulling device like you have described--the problem is that the remaining 10% of the dent is still visible in good light. Real paintless dent repair is done from underneath and can reliably get rid of virtually 100% of a suitable dent. If you are not a stickler for a perfect car, maybe getting rid of most of a dent is good enough for you.

Reply to
Bruce Davis