Problems w/RX330 Power Rear Hatch

I recently purchased an RX330 and am experiencing intermittent problems with the power rear hatch. I have experienced the following two problems and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues and if there are any fixes. I have exhausted the dealer's customer service manager and called Lexus repeatedly with no solutions...

Problem 1: The rear hatch will occassionally not open. In spite of pressing and holding the button on the fob, the rear hatch acts as if its disabled

Problem 2: The rear hatch will occassionally not lock when closing. The lock will prematurely trip over and the hatch cannot be closed until the lock is tricked in to unlocking.

While these problems do not happen every time the rear hatch is opened/closed, it happens often enough--every 4-5 openings/closings.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who is experiencing these problems or has had the problem fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Oscar

I am experiencing the same problem. Going to the dealer this week, end will see. Germain.

Reply to
germain

Hmm. Mine has occassionally not reacted to the remote control. In the beginning it was because I didn't know you had to unlock everything (hit unlock twice) before the hatch would open. Since I got "smart" it has only happened once in a while. But I've only had mine since 4 July. On those occassions where it would work remotely I closed/opened in manually and had no problem. It then worked remotely the next attempt. I've never had a problem with the dashboard control of the rear hatch.

Reply to
Darrell

interesting!

i told a friend to sit behind the steering wheel of a new rx300 (330) in the lexus showroom in stuttgart two weeks ago and asked him to open the hatch with the remote button there. he could not open and he pressed twice.

i walked to him and pressed from outside of the car firmly and it opened.

seems to be a quality problem with the switch supplier?

Reply to
phase

Once in a while I have problem 1, and it's almost always operator error -- I haven't completely unlocked the car before attempting to open the rear hatch. Never had problem 2. (7000 miles on 5 month old car)

Reply to
Kathy Applebaum