Question about 2007 ES350

Hi,

My 2007 ES350 has 93k miles on it. I've had it for 7 1/2 years and I LOVE it. However, I need something very reliable. I know nothing about car rep air and there really isn't any place nearby that is equipped to handle a ca r like this. The dealership is 25 miles away. That's not a problem for sta ndard maintenance since they have valet service, but for emergencies it is since valet service is only available when an appointment is made far in ad vance.

If I knew my car would remain trouble free, needing only the stuff you'd ex pect from a car with this many miles, I'd keep it. I have strictly adhered to the maintenance schedule suggested in the Owner's Manual and all work h as been done at the dealership. It has been in one major accident. It was perfectly repaired by the Lexus Collision Center but it's still on the car 's record. I'm sure this would reduce the trade in value. The body is in perfect condition but I'm sorry to say that I've been very hard on the whee ls, which are pretty dinged up.

So, my question is this: How long can I expect this car to "keep on runnin g" without any major (very expensive) repairs being needed? Of course nobo dy can tell me for certain, but best guess.

I've driven the newer ES350 and don't like it nearly as much but I love Lex us service so I'd probably stick with Lexus. I know it will cost me at lea st $30k with my car if I buy a new one now (with the options I want).

What to do, what to do.............................?

Jane

Reply to
jblatz2

Jane ~

My 1993 GS300 has 150,000 on it & still runs like a top. Enjoy.

zlatts

Reply to
<z

Your car will last a long, long time.

But your state of mind says, get yourself a new Lexus every 2-3 years.

Try a different model, if you don't like the ES. Maybe an RX.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Actually I love my car and would like to feel like I could safely rely on i t to last a few more years. I've driven the new ES350 and its not nearly as nice as my own 93k mile baby. I test drove an Avalon today. Beautiful car but mine is more comfortable and quieter. Also to be honest, after dealing with the Lexus service department and dealership I've been thoroughly spoil ed.

So no, I definitely don't feel the need for a new car or spending a pile of money if I don't have to. I'm just worried about the reliability of a car with so many miles on it.

My late husband was the one who loved getting a new car every three years. Me, I'd rather keep it if I know it's good.

Thanks Jane

Reply to
jblatz2

But you clearly will never feel that you could safely rely on it to last a few more years.

The only reason you're asking now is that you drove the new ES and don't like it. Had you liked it, you would have bought it.

You don't want to keep this car, you want to buy a new one--for many reasons that are yours to own. That's fine. So just do it. We know you don't like the ES; keeping your old ES isn't your only choice. And given your concerns, it should be your *last* choice.

Go drive other models of Lexus. Go drive an RX. It's a very nice car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Do you work for Lexus?

Reply to

[...]