Question about LS430 Competitor

I see ads for the new Infiniti "M" car. I am just curious if they still make the Q45 or did they finally throw in the towel? I remember when the LS400 and Q45 first came out in 1989 as 1990 models. At the time it wasn't clear that Lexus would emerge as the more desireable product. Anyway, I am wondering if this new "M" car (I think it's just a Maxima dressed up...yes?, no?) is now their flagship car.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

The Q45 is still available. Go to

to check it out.

Reply to
Ray O

No, they still make the Q. The M is really just the Q, only a smidge smaller. For this year, though, the M gets the new platform. The Q will have to wait.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

No and no. It's not a Maxima dressed up, and it's not their new flagship car--although the marketing people might have you thinking differently.

It was about $10K less than the Q, last I checked.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Actually, the M is a scaled up G35. The M competes with Lexus G series, although judging by this months Consumer Reports, it competes poorly. The M35 is now Consumer Reports favorite luxury sedan.

Infiniti is on a roll. Lexus better get its butt in gear.

Reply to
GLitwinski

No, it's not. It's a COMPLETELY different platform, which has nothing to do with the G.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:53:28 -0700, "GLitwinski" graced this newsgroup with:

what? The second sentence completely contradicts your third sentence. And your first sentence is completely out in left field.

Reply to
nospam

Wrong. The Q is very different, not the M.

Reply to
GRL

What are you talking about? Read the car buff books for the origins of the M.

How the heck does the second sentence contradict the third? They agree perfectly.

Reply to
GRL