Re: Brakes and Rotors

So parts are about 200 for official Lexus OEM parts if you are the Lexus shop. That means Lexus makes $500 per hour because you figure that it will take them 2 hours to get it in and out and done and paperworked. Not bad ... how many businesses make $500/hour? Remember the charge to me is $1200 and we know that parts better than OEM cost $142 and it takes less than two hours for experienced techs to change them.

What does your stealership charge for 4 wheel brake job on LS430?

Reply to
mcbrue

That's pretty funny. Like Mercedes and BMW charge reasonable prices for their parts. Yeah, right. What a joker you are johndole.

As far as marketing goes, the German car companies have Lexus beat by a mile with their poor reliability records. Can you imagine paying $50,000+ for a car that has one of the worst repair records in the industry? They sell a lot of cars to guys that say they want " performance car" in order to simply assuage their impaired male egos. These guys generally never push these cars past what any Chevy could handle. What a joke.

Reply to
David Z