Re: Intermittant Electrical Problems

> > Are you the original owner? I don't know about Lexus, > but typically, intermittent electrical problems can be a > sign of a vehicle with a drowned history. >

Intermittent electrical problems caused by being "drowned" are not a manufacturing defect and so are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Additionally, I thought "everything" was covered on a > Lexus with a manufacturer's warranty. >

Only defects in materials or workmanship are covered by the Lexus warranty. Dirt on the sensors is not a manufacturing defect, and keeping the car clean is the owner's responsibility.

Reply to
Ray O

Yes, I certainly understand that. Perhaps I missed an earlier discussion, are you saying the dealer deemed the car water damaged/drowned history?

Yes, I understand that also. But the OP seemed to be complaining about issues that I assumed were not just caused by dirt(aka confirmed/denied dirt cause). Per- haps I misunderstood.

Reply to
Anonymous

Yes. Years of discussions.

Do a search on "mcbrue" in this newsgroup and you'll find years of his whiney, stupid trolling.

Reply to
David Z

No, The OP has never mentioned that the vehicle was drowned or submerged in water, but even if it were, it would not be covered by the automaker's warranty.

The symptoms that the OP is complaining are most likely caused by dirt.

Occasional, "phantom" wipes of the windshield wipers is caused by dirt over the windshield sensor that the sensor interprets as water. The windshield may appear to be clean, but dirt over the sensor, which is not visible from inside the car, would be wiped away if you get out of the car and take a look. I remedy this problem in my car by leaving the windshield wipers in the off position most of the time and in the auto position on those days with intermittent or continuous rain and snow.

If the parking sensors are heavily obstructed with snow, ice, salt, dirt, etc., the parking system cannot tell the difference between that stuff and another object that is close by, so it beeps. If the obstruction keeps up with the car,, i.e., the "object" keeps up with the car as it is going down the road, the system knows that the sensor is obstructed and gives a message. Cleaning the sensors solves the problem.

The OP's Lexus dealer probably washes his car after they have it in the shop, so the problems are gone until the car gets dirty again.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks - David Z. and Ray O....

Reply to
Anonymous

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

I *think* mcfool lives in north Georgia, where it snowed yesterday.

Reply to
St. John Smythe