Re: Intermittant Electrical Problems

Yeah, I thought the bumper-to-bumper warranty should have covered it. But the dealer rejected it? Maybe Toyota should teach that dealer about "Lexus Care".

Are you the original owner? I don't know about Lexus, > but typically, intermittent electrical problems can be a > sign of a vehicle with a drowned history. > > Additionally, I thought "everything" was covered on a > Lexus with a manufacturer's warranty.
Reply to
johngdole

I bought the car as a new car, but it had been driven 500 miles by some one else. Interesting. One of my lawyer friends did suggest a hungry young fellow who might want to pursue a class action suit, but I signed the papers purchasing the car with the 500 miles on it so it is my problem. Dealership owner declined to speak with me but he is a good god fearing christian and has a minister on staff to care for the spiritual needs of his sales staff according to articles in the paper. He has three or four other brand stores also. I purchased two ES 3nn s prior to this 06 LS430 Ultra. Problems with the ES were limited to one tranny which blew on the 1993, a known problem, and the bad brakes on the 2000. I always moved up in cars over my life, so I found the ES s to be great. But I bought a couple of Mercedes in between the ESs now owned by wife and this LS. The Mercedes are great cars, properly engineered as luxury cars, and designed for go. Unfortunately they break down. The Lexus is a sham luxury car, engineered for show, not go. They do not normaly break down. Lexus itself does not honor the warranty on the car's beeper thingies on the bumper - not a dealer problem. So I have not been posting and whining about the Lexus for several years, only since late 06. And my gripes have to do with the idiotic lack of proper engineering in the car - no tint in the windows except too narrow a band in the windshield, for example. I could go on for many pages listing this sort of problem. Now on to the important details:

The sensors were all clean, so it is not something that simple, drat! The problems have cleared up now, so I can't just take it into the dealer and have them give it the wall job as it has fixed itself. It does not correlate with rain or snow storms either - drat again! I think the wiper could have been caused by salt on the windshield, but it was not visible to the nekid (thas naked to you yankees!) eye.

Reply to
mcbrue