Re: Lexus CD player text

Please tell us. I have been trying to do this for six months.

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida

The in dash CD player will only play the TEXT data if it is already imbedded in the CD. Newer commercial CDs come with this data available. Older CDs do not. My Streissand album is about 5 years old and it shows the song titles on screen. My older CD White Cliffs of Dover shows "No text". Any audio CDs I burned for use in my car didn't have the song titles, it just read "No Text".

I found that to burn your own CDs which will have the text imbedded requires

2 things. 1. A burn program that has this capability. 2. A CD burner that also has this capability. I queried Nero about this and they told me their then current version (5.5 etc) did have that capability. So I downloaded the trial version (free) to see if my CD writer could handle it.

With Nero loaded I put my blank CD-R in and opened Nero Burning ROM program. I selected Audio CD and was presented with a screen that had a space to check for "Write CD text to CD". I checked that and found (by experimenting) that whatever I put in the TITLE CD TEXT area would be shown as the album name. Since I was burning individual selections (not an album) I put the artist's name there. When I clicked and dragged the mp3 filenames to the "burn" side it showed them by songname only. (even though the filenames were artist/songname.mp3)

I burned my first CD, took it out to the car, played it and it showed CD 1 Track 1. I pushed the TEXT button on the car audio system and it read the Artist name (album). Pushing the TEXT button again produced the current song title (first 12 character/spaces). I later found that pushing in and holding the TEXT button for a second or two produced the remainder of the song title. Once in this text mode it automatically reads the song names as they are played.

I quickly signed up and paid for my Nero program online. They provided me with a code that, when entered, changed it from a demo to a full functioning version of Nero. A few days later they came out with Nero version 6.0 and I was given a free upgrade.

My EZ CD Creator did not (as far as I could tell) have the capability to write the proper kind of text for songnames for audio CDs. I queried EZ CD tech and he said they had the capability for text and audio but I found this was for regular text files added to an audio CD, NOT the imbedded titlename text I wanted. Perhaps their later versions have this capability but Nero was the one who responded exactly to my question and so I used their program.

Reply to
Darrell