Re: One For UK Drivers - BP Ultimate Petrol

Hi,

Have you tried resetting the ECU, it often improves consumption when you use to a better quality fuel - noticably.

Disconnect the battery for around 20 minutes to reset without any tech equipment.

Martin

> > I've got an IS200 auto, and have been using Shell Optimax for the last few > > month's as it seemed to give better economy (about 1 mpg) than the > > supermarket petrol. > > > > A couple of week's ago I experimented and filled up with BP Ultimate > petrol, > > and am seeing another mpg or so improvement. Its difficult to give an > exact > > comparison as my type of driving varies so much from week to week but > there > > is definitely a noticeable improvement. (I can't honestly say that > > performance has noticeably improved, so any change in this is subtle.) > > > > Anyway, thought I'd post this and see if anyone else can replicate this. > Be > > warned, the fuel is expensive (88p litre at motorway prices yesterday) and > > BP stations are hard to find - but if these gains are repeatable its > > probably worthwhile using it. > > > > Bob Huntley > > > > > > I have been using ultimate for a while, but economy seems identical. GS300, > always just under 18 mpg. Short journeys climate control on auto. > > mrcheerful > >
Reply to
Martin McColl

Thanks for the reply. No, I've been running on Optimax for months so assume that the car has already set itself to high-octane settings.

Reply to
Bob Huntley