Re: One For UK Drivers - BP Ultimate Petrol - US PERSPECTIVE

Be warned, the fuel is expensive (88p litre at motorway prices yesterday) Assuming:

1 British pound = US $1.83 100p = 1 British pound 1 US gallon = 3.785 litres

Then, ($1.83 x .88) = price per litre in US dollars = $1.61 ($1.61 x 3.785) = price per US gallon in US dollars = $6.09

So, the Brits are paying $6.09 per gallon for premium gasoline. Should we in the USA be complaining as loudly as we do because our price for the same gallon is getting dangerously close to $2.00?

Reply to
Cliff Chinaski

Thanks for that - blame it on our taxes -17.5% tax added to the fuel's tax inclusive price (47p per litre plus the cost of the fuel itself). So we pay tax on tax!

If they tried that in the US, how long would it take to vote them out of office?

Reply to
Bob Huntley

DAMNED straight we should and ARE complaining! The rapid price escalation of late (in my state of California) is all due to oil refinery capacity and seasonal focus. It is not due to taxes added on to fund road repair or new highways. So, as the seasonal requirements change, the price will drop back down .... always does. But taxes ... those are nearly permanent! Refining capacity can be improved by kicking the assbyte environmentalists out of office (though many are unelected) and getting the OBSTRUCTIONIST laws they've passed out of the way.

Reply to
Philip®