Re: One reason not to buy a future Toyota

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com, Dan J. S. being of bellicose mind posted:

New Toyota's will squeal on you to the cops... > >

This reply is aimed at ANY and ALL Toyota public relations persons who monitor this forum:

The kind of electronic black box crap detailed in the article above WILL ... I promise you Mr. TOYOTA... cost you customers like me. And rest assured I won't be alone when the discussion spreads.

I'm warning you now ... TOYOTA ... rein in your gang of young techno twits on this kind of invasion of my privacy.

I do not give a rat's ass about other manufacturers who already have such tattletale crap planned for their cars ... you had better not follow them if you want me as a customer.

As you know, the sludge matter got started on the Internet. A wholesale revolt against your spyware as outlined in the link above will cause you far greater grief ... via the Internet.

Reply to
Philip®

Do you think for one minute Philip that Toyota is afraid of you. My gosh your ego is even greater than I thought. You really need a dose of reality. It is sad that someone with as much knowledge as you have has never been able to harness it to any purpose other than to feed the giant "I". You need a tone down with the attitude son.

Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Dear Mike. Unless you're about 90 years old, you can't refer to me as "son."

I do know of Toyota's sensitivities to marketing trial balloons. Better nip this thing in the bud now.

As for you ... get a spine!

Reply to
Philip®

I don't really think Toyota would install something like the article discribes unless there were vast quantities of monies from governments to pay for the "system" . Otherwise what is there to gain. This is just a food for the politicans article, sort of a to get them thinking and familarize them with the correcto buzz words like "telematics", good gravey. So don't have a kiniption fit over it, we'll all be pushing dasys up on boot hill by the time this is employed if ever.

Dale

Reply to
<dalea

In news: snipped-for-privacy@apollo-ge0.rdc-kc.rr.com, snipped-for-privacy@nsp.com being of bellicose mind posted:

You don't think Toyota would do that ... but I do. There is ALREADY recording sofware in the engine ECU and Body ECU to record all forensicly relevant data surrounding air bag deployment in many cars. That one got by because you didn't think the manufacturers would do it. Hmmm!

Reply to
Philip®

Well maybe, but I still say it's a long way off. By that time we'll all be riding in maglevitated mass transits and only the rich will be able to afford personal maglevitated vehicles. Of course there will be no such thing as roads anymore, the Democrates will turn all that land into public housing.

Dale

Reply to
<dalea

Wow, a conservative concerned about invasion of privacy, That's a good one. Mr Rumsfeld are you listening!

Reply to
TomH

You would be surprised at the measures manufacturers will go to to protect themselves from liability claims. Think what would have happened if Ford had this technology in their Explorers and could have proved that the drivers were operating their vehicles in an unsafe/illegal way. Do not take this wrong - I oppose the intrusion - but don't think it won't happen without government intervention.

Jack

Reply to
Jack G

I think this came from our friends 'down under'.

The same people that got rid of guns...

...anyone wonder why it is a BAD idea to have an unarmed citizenry?

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The great part about that is that I will have assumed room temperature before that happens...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Toyota, or any other Japanese corporation for that matter, need not worry about litigation by the shark US lawyers. One can not sue a Japanese corporation in the US, only in Japan where the tort laws are very different. Only the American based 'Holding Companies' of a Japanese corporations can be sued in the US. Generally they do not have deep pockets. Most, because of the US and state taxpayer subsidies and 50 year bond issues used to build and finance their assembly plant, OWE more than their net worth in the US. If there were a hugh judgment they could simply walk away from their indebted assembly plants and let the state with the tab.

mike hunt

Jack G wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

In news: snipped-for-privacy@apollo-ge0.rdc-kc.rr.com, snipped-for-privacy@nsp.com being of bellicose mind posted:

Oh bull cucky, Dale.

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Florida > > > > >

I heard your plans were to be broiled before ever assuming room temperature. LOL

Reply to
Philip®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, TomH being of bellicose mind posted:

Not only is Toyota's tattletale an invasion of privacy, the device assists Uncle Sam in collecting more revenue.

Reply to
Philip®

Well if I assume room temperature while out kayakin in the summer here in Florida...that is a real possibility... LOL

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Scott in Florida being of

Bet a 'gator gets ya before the coroner. LOL

Reply to
Philip®

You think he's the only one who feels this way? I'd sooner drive an old junker than pay good money for a machine that spies on me.

Reply to
dizzy

I'm inclined to agree, though I can see the reasons why they're putting them in.

Coyoteboy

Ignoring his agents wishes,"Coyoteboy" flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

I would think the civil rights groups in the US will put a quick end to this technology.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers