Re: Prepare for some real sticker shock.

well past the $50,000 benchmark on a new breed of Lexus.

Please post information on the under $50K LS430 and SC430.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

That's OVER $50,000, not under. It's been a while since I first read that report. The article (in one of the car mags) suggested that Lexus wants some really big dollar vehicles, like some high end Mercedes, to bolster their upscale image. I don't think this is imminent, but it might be a good post for the other Lexus discussion forums. AA

Reply to
A A

I wrote: Please post information on the under $50K LS430 and SC430. Lexus has had vehicles over $50K for years.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I'm sorry, I didn't initially detect the note of sarcasm in your first post. Let me make it clear, based on my recall of the article: Lexus desires to expand beyond plain luxury, to ultra luxury. Instead of topping out at around $70,000 ... they apparently like the idea of a $100,000+ production model Lexus in the not too distant future. If I find the article, I'll make a point to post with the info. This story wasn't loaded with hard specifics on models, prices or timelines ... just pointing out that someone at Lexus reportedly wants even fancier offerings. AA

Reply to
A A

You would think that there would be a pretty small market for a rapidly depreciating asset that when moved is continuously just a few feet away from getting smashed into zero value.

Reply to
Travis Jordan