Re: RX330 bubbling of painted aluminum wheels?

I must say that the overall quality of the RX330 is not up to what we

> experienced with the 1992 LS400. So far nothing mechanical, but there have > been a series of minor things (failed bushing, failed sun visor support, > failed valve stem in wheel that caused a catastrophic tire failure, poorly > installed grill, non-functioning roof rack adjustments, strange mottling in > plastic trim, and so on). Someone was asleep at the wheel in the Japanese > plant this thing was manufactured in. If I wanted this kind of small > headache after small headache, I might as well have bought German.

There is no doubt that Toyota has shaved things too far with Lexus, trying to squeeze more profit out of it.

They spent many years making very good cars of high value, but now they're just cashing in on the reputation.

Problem is, the reputation will be gone if they continue this way.

Honda did the same thing from 96-05 or so. I think they figured it out before their reputation was completely gone, though.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty