Re: Toyota's Lexus April 08 car sales drop 22.1%, trucks down 8.6%

I think you're right, Graybeard!

It's too bad the ES, which is a nicely dolled-up Toyota Camry with leather seats, has this type of poor piston-bore clearance production line issues. Powertrain has not been Toyota's strength unfortunately.

See if BMW will give you sufficient trade-in value for your junk ES. BTW, "The BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) today reported April vehicle sales of 31,448, an increase of 9.6 percent from the

28,692 vehicles sold in the same month of 2007." And I thought the the Euro is strong against the US dollar.

Maybe someone else besides me doesn't think that "piston slap" in the ES350

> is "Normal". > Graybeard
Reply to
johngdole

"BMW Group (BMW and MINI combined) US sales up 9.6 percent in April. Year-to-date sales are down 4 percent."

You seem to have forgotten the second part of their sales report statement, which is reported in every single place the April sales are reported - except , of course, in alt.autos.lexus, where Al - john - Zeera keeps the ignorant masses informed about the evils of Lexus.

Were you aware of the year-to-date sales figures john, and just chose to edit them out, or did you just read the first sentence and rush over here drooling on your keyboard to tell us?

Don't worry, I'm sure this unfortunate quarter for BMW is an aberration, and when you've finished educating usenet, people will start buying them once again.

Reply to
DaveW