Re: Toyota's massive recall woes halt production, ding top quality rep

GM stopped production of the Fiero years ago and not longer makes Pontiac. GM today is comprised of Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC

> >> "Toyota Motor Corp. said today it would halt production at five North >> American plants and order dealers to stop selling eight models recalled >> last week over concerns with sticking accelerator pedals." >> >> From The Detroit News: >>

Instead of 'slowing down' when an error is realized, Toyota stops > production. > > Gm would do well to learn from this. Burning Fieros, CV joints wleded to > make a FWD engine a RWD engine, etc. > > >
Reply to
Mike Hunter

And still haven't learned anything.

Government should have let them sink, except for the 68,000 union votes it brings in.

Hachiroku

It wouldn't. But I am betting GM has learned NOTHING and will keep making the cheapest product possible to please the shareholders, and not the customers.

Toyota will learn from this.

Hachiroku

Why would I do that?

Just because they have had fewer, and less serious recalls than GM, even though they have been selling cars all over the world since before WWII?

Hachiroku

And, GM Daewoo, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling, Saab, Saturn and Hummer. Of course, the last three brands will be closed down or sold.

Jeff

> Instead of 'slowing down' when an error is realized, Toyota stops >> production.>>

Reply to
dr_jeff

How do you thinks that would that have prevented Toyotas massive safety recall? LOL

Mike Hunter

Actually when you ever catch up you will discover SAAB and Hummer have been sold, but that has nothing to do with Toyotas massive recall and the government order to stop selling the cars involved.

>> Instead of 'slowing down' when an error is realized, Toyota stops >>> production.>>>

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You might want to tell GM about the sales:

GM still owns Saab, although a deal to sell it is close.

And it still lists Hummer as one of its brands.

Jeff

>>> Instead of 'slowing down' when an error is realized, Toyota stops >>>> production.>>>>

Reply to
dr_jeff

You are wrong again. The only brands owned by GM are Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC. Their former brands and their former manufacturing facilities are "owned" by the bankruptcy court.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You are such a comedian. I never heard of a bankruptcy court owning anything.

Technically, Saab, Saturn and Hummer are owned by Motors Liquidation Co., the old GM.

The new GM also owns all or part of GM Daewoo, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall, AC Delco, GMAC, OnStar, Shanghai GM and Wuling. So GM owns more than just Chevy, GMC, Caddy and Buick.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Then why mention GM, when Toyota has the problem? Are you trying to make Toyota look good?

Mike Hunter

Duh and who controls all of that liquidation, dummy, not GM. Try again, the subject is brands. One only owns something if one has controlling interest. I wish the stock I own in FMC made me an owner. As a General Motors stock holder, I wish what you believe were true.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

There is a huge difference between controlling a liquidation and owning something.

The bankruptcy court doesn't have controlling interest. Or any interest. Rather, it is the creditors of FMC.

If you want, I can send you a crying towel.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Actually Holden has been wholly australian owned for close to 30 years. Still associated with General motors, but not part of GM World operations.

Reply to
clare

Actually, the name of the company is GM Holden Ltd.

And accord> >